Monday, November 20, 2006

Something New


"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new".
In the 3 years I have been doing photography, I always thought the hardest subject to shoot was landscapes. With everything taken into effect I would have to say that landscapes are some of the easier, basically cause they don't move and all you have to worry about is lighting.
I realized that weddings and maternity photography is the most stressfull of all .... when doing weddings or a mom-to-be, its probably safer to be in a cage with a tiger.
All in all, my first wedding was a success. My photos turned out beautiful and creative as i was told, and last Saturday I shot my first mom-to-be. This was a little awkward for me being the first time I actually worked with a partially nude subject.
The photo your looking at is of my friend Kate, who is 5 months pregnant. Kate wanted some beautiful photos of her belly for a scrapbook. The photo was taken in a dark room with a black drape. A 60 watt buld was in a lamp and I placed it beside her on a level.
The shutter was set at 1/8 of a second, ISO of 200 and an F-Stop of 5.4.
TIP: Have the girl/woman look at her belly. It adds more of a loving feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home