Friday, October 20, 2006

My Visual Song.



As of late I have ran out of ideas for photos. So I turn to song lyrics, or quotes to inspire me. Recently I bought the new John Mayer cd, and track 10 got my ideas running.

The track 10 title is "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" ... in my opinion its a story of a guy trying to deal with guilt or reget of letting the love of his life slip away.

I have always taken my classic portraits with just the face and maybe a bit of shoulder. I wanted to try a full body or semi-full body shot using my lighting techniques.

My friend Ariane, who is usually my muse for trying new techinques stopped by last night and we tryed out my thoughts.

The photo here is my visual representation of my thoughts of if you took a song and created an image to sum it all up. I used my regular 28-90mm lens, a black fabric covering the wall and floor, and 1 lamp that I positioned right beside her.

"Dreaming With A Broken Heart"

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees
And for the moment you can hardly breathe
Wondering was she really here?
Is she standing in my room?
No she's not, 'cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone....
When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The giving up is the hardest part
She takes you in with your crying eyes
Then all at once you have to say goodbye
Wondering could you stay my love?
Will you wake up by my side?
No she can't, 'cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone....
Now do i have to fall asleep with roses in my hand
Do i have to fall asleep with roses in my hand?
Baby won't you get them if i did?
No you won't, 'cause you're gone, gone, gone, gone, gone....
When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part

This song is from the new John Mayer cd, Continum. (Available at HMV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home