Friday, September 08, 2006

BEP and PCD Rock PEI


The first concert I ever saw was Alan Jackson at the Moncton Coliseum, years ago. Since then I have been to my fair share, such as: Terri Clark, Simple Plan, Great Big Sea, Hedley, INXS, even Britney Spears ( I really didn't go for the music) and the list goes on.


The day was the 3rd of September, I got up at 9am, showered and got dressed. My ride picked me up at 10am and we were on our way to Charlottetown, PEI for the concert "Blast At The Beach". After 2 hours of driving and a lot of potato fields later we arrive in Charlottetown.
By now we are all hungry, so Wendys it is. After all is eaten we head down to the concert site.
There were thousands of people at the gates, and I thought this was gonna take hours, but it didn't take relatively that long to get in the gate. First thing we did was browse around and then we found our spot to sit.

3pm, Stabilo came on stage. Their set wasn't great, the only thing I even listened to was "Everybody and Flawed Design".
4:15pm, Mobile stepped out and rocked the crowd. I, myself only knew their single "Outta My Head".
5:30pm, it was time for The Philosopher Kings. I had no expectations, but I was blown away. Truely a great Canadian band. They performed "Hurts To Love you" and "Cry". The lead singer ever brought a girl from the stage and serenaded her, to his rendition of a classic Marvin Gaye tune.
7:30pm, the stage is not set with it metal stairs and poles. The fog machines start pumping out the white fog and all 7 of the Pussycat Dolls graced the stage, led by the lead singer Nicole. NowI have a couple things to say about the PCD. A lot of people claim they are just eye candy and they are right. Mostly. But can they ever dance. They performed songs such as "Buttons", "Beep" and my favorite "Don't Cha".
9:15pm, by now I have made my way to pretty much the front of the crowd. Armed with 2 cameras I'm ready for The Black Eyed Peas. Will.I.Am, Taboo, Apl De Ap, and Fergie came to the stage with the blue lights lit. The crowd was crazy. 17,000 people in attendance for these 4 individuals. The kicked it off with classic BEP tunes such as "Shut Up, Shut Up", "Where Is The Love?", and "Don't Phunk With My Heart". Then they moved on to individual performances, and thats where Fergie kicked it with "London Bridges". After the individual sets are done they perform together to finish off an exciting night, with "My Humps, and "Let's Get Retarded".

Overall, the BEP concert was an amazing night. I met some great new people, Jacqueline (Cape Breton,NB) and Kristy (Fredericton, NB) who saw what I could do with a camera and trusted me with theirs.

The photo was taken with Jacquelines' 4.8 mega-pixel digital camera. After getting the photo emailed to me I touched it up taking out the 60% of the digital noise, and then changing the picture to B&W.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home